(a) Employment at camps. --
(1) In this subsection, "full-time student" means an individual who is:
(i) enrolled full-time at an educational institution; or
(ii) between academic terms or years if:
1. the individual was enrolled as a full-time student at an educational institution for the immediately preceding academic term or year; and
2. there is a reasonable assurance that the individual will be enrolled as a full-time student at an educational institution for the immediately succeeding academic term or year.
(2) Employment that a full-time student performs in the employ of an organized camp is not covered employment if:
(i) the full-time student was employed by the camp for less than 13 calendar weeks in a calendar year; and
(ii) the camp:
1. had average gross receipts for any 6 months in the preceding calendar year that were not more than one-third of its average gross receipts for the other 6 months in that year; or
2. did not operate for more than 7 months in each of the current and preceding calendar years.
(b) Employment at educational institutions. -- Employment performed in an educational institution is not covered employment if:
(1) the employment is performed by a student who is enrolled and regularly attending classes at that educational institution; or
(2) the employment is performed by the spouse of the student and immediately before beginning to perform the employment, the spouse is advised that:
(i) the employment is under a program of the educational institution to provide financial assistance to the student; and
(ii) the employment is not covered employment.
(c) Work experience programs. --
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, employment is not covered employment if:
(i) the individual who performs the employment is enrolled for credit at a not-for-profit or public educational institution that normally has a regular faculty and curriculum and a regularly organized body of students in attendance at the place where its educational activities are carried on;
(ii) the employment is an integral part of a full-time program taken for credit at the educational institution that combines academic instruction with work experience; and
(iii) the educational institution has certified to the employer the application of this paragraph.
(2) Employment that an individual performs as part of a program that an educational institution establishes for or on behalf of an employer is covered employment.