- 8-1004. Stoppage of work caused by labor dispute
(a) Grounds for disqualification. -- Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section:
(1) an individual who otherwise is eligible to receive benefits is disqualified from receiving benefits for each week for which the Secretary finds that unemployment results from a stoppage of work, other than a lockout, that exists because of a labor dispute at the premises where the individual last was employed; and
(2) if separate branches of work that usually are conducted as separate businesses in separate premises are conducted in separate departments on the same premises, each department shall be considered a separate premises for the purposes of this subsection.
(b) Exception. -- A disqualification under this section does not apply to an individual who satisfies the Secretary that the individual:
(1) is not participating in, financing, or directly interested in the labor dispute that caused the stoppage of work; and
(2) does not belong to a class or grade of workers that, immediately before the stoppage, had any members:
(i) employed at the premises; and
(ii) participating in, financing, or directly interested in the labor dispute.