- 4-505. Applicability; construction
(a) Applicability. -- Subject to subsection (b) of this section, this subtitle only applies to:
(1) each charter county that engaged in collective bargaining with an employee organization prior to October 1, 1994; and
(2) each municipal corporation that engages in collective bargaining with an employee organization prior to October 1, 1995.
(b) Construction -- Local charter provisions. -- This subtitle may not be construed to repeal or limit any local charter provision that extends collective bargaining rights to employees of employers and, if a local charter authorizes or grants collective bargaining rights to any employees, the provisions of this subtitle do not apply.
(c) Same -- Forms; arbitration. -- This subtitle may not be construed to:
(1) require any form of collective bargaining;
(2) require any method, means, or scope of bargaining between an employer and an exclusive representative; or
(3) authorize binding interest arbitration.